Night Veterinary Surgeon
Our well-established Medivet 24-hour Dearne Valley Centre is seeking a Night Veterinary Surgeon to join the team.
The night vet will be responsible for dealing with all out-of-hour care within the hospital and the surrounding Medivet practices, while working alongside a dedicated night nurse. All our practices share the same software, so you will always have access to your patients’ history; case continuity guaranteed!
Dearne Valley is a 24-hour purpose-built facility with up-to-date digital x-ray, ultrasound and full body CT scanner and an in-house laboratory. The practice has 3 large consulting rooms, 2 theatres, large prep area, internal lab facilities and large learning and office spaces.
We are committed to providing a high quality, good value and honest veterinary service to all pets, both day and night. Building strong relationships with each other and our clients is important to us, while pushing forward with new techniques and management of cases.
We encourage growth in all our staff and opportunities for further education and study are available. The team is dynamic, overflowing with enthusiasm and drive which is contagious and makes everyone strive to achieve their best.
The role offers flexible working, giving you an excellent work life balance that includes working 7 nights on, 14 nights off rota.
• Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
• Relocation package if relocating from outside the UK or more than 50 miles from your current UK address.
• Funded certificate opportunities
• 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
• Leadership training
• Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
• Perform a wide range of routine and emergency procedures.
• Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
• Prescribe medication.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
• Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures. • Maintain patients’ medical records.
Skills and experience
• Qualified MRCVS
• 2 years’ experience in a small animal practice
• Competent in clinical examination and surgery
• Competent in working sole charge with the ability to make sound clinical judgement.
• Night shift experience is desirable but not essential.
• This opportunity may suit an ECC Certificate holder or someone who is working towards this – full funding can be provided.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.
This is the home of talented people like you who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals goes way beyond their job. Join us and be part of our exciting plans for the future.