Head Veterinary Nurse
Medivet Stamford Hill is a busy practice based in North London.
We are recruiting for a Head Veterinary Nurse to join us in our journey! We can provide training with nurse consults and clinical coaching to ensure you feel confident in your role!
Our training covers building confidence in consulting and supporting our nurses to make nutritional recommendations via our Nutritional Ambassador Programme.
We also have a Developing Consulting Skills CPD day with a range of sessions including routine healthy pet consults, arthritis clinics, hyperthyroidism, dermatology.
Salary circa £34,500 per year
- Includes £2000 London weighting allowance
- Plus £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA memberships
- 4-day week with 1:6 weekends – average of 38.66 hours per week
- 5-weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Leading a team and managing your SVNs/PCAs in practice
- Clinical coaching
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care
- Nurse consultations
- Training of junior nurses and supporting students in practice
- Supporting with cleaning, stock take, ordering, happy to support with reception if needed
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions
Skills and experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Previous leadership experience would be ideal
- Excellent organisational skills
- A collaborative team player
- Great communication skills with both colleagues and clients
- Practice standards, ensuring policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to by all your team
Our practice has plenty of routine surgeries and we are always fully booked! Our practice is well equipped with ultrasound, x-rays, i-STAT and blood machine in-house.
We have a friendly team, led by Maria our Lead Vet and supported by our fantastic nursing team made up of our Head Nurse and dedicated support colleagues.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, we have seamless round the clock care via our Kensington 24-Hour Hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level. You can take a tour of our hospital here.
Stamford Hill is a friendly practice based in North London, a short walk from Stoke Newington Overground Station.
Our address is 42A Stamford Hill Stamford Hill N16 6XT
To apply for the Veterinary Nurse role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com