Veterinary Care Assistant
As a Veterinary Care Assistant, you will be an integral part of the practice team.
Working with our Veterinary Surgeons, qualified Nurses, and Student nurses to provide exceptional care to our patients.
- Provide a gold standard service to our patients and clients
- Following cleaning protocols to maintain cleanliness of the clinical environment
- Preparing and maintaining medical equipment
Part time Monday, Tuesday and Friday and 1:3 weekends at our Hendon practice
27 hours a week
- Assisting veterinary surgeons, qualified and student nurses with all aspects of their work.
- Caring for animals
- Administering simple medical treatments under instruction and supervision
- Setting up for surgery, X-rays and medical procedures
- Walking, feeding, and monitoring animals
- Cleaning, maintaining, and ensuring sterility of the clinical environment
- Client communication (face to face, on the telephone and by email)
- Taking payments
- Processing of insurance documents
- Reception duties
Your Skills and Experience
- Confident communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Friendly and personable attitude, with an empathetic approach
- Passionate about the care and welfare of animals
- Computer literate
Whilst not essential the following desirable skills will aid your application
- Full valid driving licence
- Five GCSE subjects at grade A-C (4-9) to include Maths, English Language and Science or equivalent*
- *Alternative qualifications e.g. Veterinary Care Assistant Certificate, Animal Nursing Assistant Award or National Diploma in Animal Care will be accepted when supported with full Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English (or above)
- Should you wish to be considered for future Student Veterinary Nurse opportunities you will need to be able to provide original copies of the above certification. Your application to the Medivet Student Nurse program is not guaranteed as there are limited spaces and your certification will need to be provided at the point of application after a successful performance review.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, with practices across the UK including a number of 24-hour veterinary centres and referral centres. We also have a growing presence overseas with practices in France, Germany and Spain.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care that’s always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference. This is as true for our colleagues as it is for our patients and clients. Being part of Medivet means being part of a forward-thinking and caring environment with the very best equipment and treatment options available, and the very best treatment for you as a valued member of the team.