We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
At Medivet, we rely on powerful insightful data to inform our systems and solutions, and we’re seeking an experienced pipeline-centric data engineer to put it to good use. This person will wear many hats in the role, but much of the focus will be on supporting and building out our Azure Data Factory ETL processes and writing SQL. Beyond technical prowess, the data engineer will need soft skills for clearly communicating complex data to different stakeholders in the business. We’re looking for someone willing to jump right in and help the company get the most from its data in the most efficient way.
This is a remote based role.
- Use agile software development processes to make iterative improvements to our back-end systems
- Model front-end and back-end data sources to help draw a more comprehensive picture of user flows throughout the system and to enable powerful data analysis.
- Build data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate data from disparate sources.
- Development, improvement and support of Medivet’s current and future ETL processes.
Skills and experience
Required skills and qualifications
- Three or more years of experience with Python, SQL, and data visualization/exploration tools.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure ecosystem. -specifically Azure Data Factory and Power Apps.
- Communication skills, especially for explaining technical concepts to nontechnical business leaders
- Experience of developing and maintaining Microsoft SSIS packages.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related discipline
- Professional certification