Registered Veterinary Nurse
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join the team at our Medivet Great Denham clinic.
We are a friendly and welcoming team, looking for staff that are passionate about the industry and are keen to progress and develop themselves.
Our practice consist of 4 vets, 2 RVNS, 2 students, 1 PCA and 1 CCA.
We see an average of four procedures a day, these include laparoscopic surgeries, imaging work ups and soon to include orthopaedic surgeries
Medivet Great Denham is located in a lovely village with shops and plenty of parking facilities within walking distance.
The clinics have a good surgical and medical caseload, which will enable you to develop your nursing skills fully. You will be supported by a head nurse, SVNs and a receptionist.
Previous experience working in a small animal practice is required. This position provides you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas.
This role is full time working 40 hours per week – four or five day week optional with either 1:5 Saturdays at branch or 1:6 full weekends at Watford.
Key benefits include:
- CPD Allowance plus 2 days’ CPD leave.
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid.
- Exceptional opportunities for career development, including certificates.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Your Skills and Experience
- RCVS registered.
- Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.