Registered Veterinary Nurse
Medivet have an opportunity for a part-time registered veterinary nurse to join the amazing team at our practice in Lurgan.
You will be helping with general duties such as assisting veterinary surgeons with their medical/surgical duties including monitoring of anaesthesia, assistance with handling of patients, overall responsibility for nursing of in-patients under the direction of the veterinary surgeon and client care on all aspects of the work at the branch. You will be supported by a large team of nursing staff including RVNs, SVNs and Patient Care Assistants, the position will provide you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas.
The ideal candidate would be an RVN who shares our passion for delivering outstanding service and care for our patients and clients. Your average day will include a variety of nursing and surgical duties as well as assisting with clinical coaching and supporting our student veterinary nurses. You’ll have a friendly, positive attitude and want to progress and expand your knowledge/skills further.
You will need the confidence to work alone when required, be flexible and adaptable in your approach to work and be happy to help and support wherever needed. If you have a particular interest or direction you are wanting to take your career we are happy to discuss to see how we can help support.
This is a permanent part-time position, covering 26 hours per week which can be spread across the week in a flexible manner. 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends but we’re open to being flexible where we can so let us know what works for you.
Starting salary of £30,000 PA
– Relocation package of up to £2000.
– £750 CPD allowance and 2 days paid CPD leave per year.
– Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVNA fees.
– Access to a large amount of in-house training, including head nurse training scheme.
– 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
– Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
– Annual pay reviews.
– Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
– Pension Scheme.
– Hapibenefits – Discounts on retail, entertainment and meals out.
– 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care.
– Training of junior nurses & supporting students in practice.
– Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions.
– Nurse consultations.
Skills and experience
– RCVS registered.
– Committed to animal welfare.
– Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
– Excellent organisational skills.
Lurgan William Street is a well-equipped, purpose built and newly renovated practice with capacity for five vets and an exceptional team who work well together and enjoy coming to work every day in the happy and relaxed atmosphere. They have a long standing and loyal client base and receive positive feedback from the pet owners who use the service.
Lurgan is a charming town known for it’s rich history, picturesque landscapes and vibrant community, it offers a unique blend of modern amenities and traditional Irish charm. Nearby Lough Neagh provides opportunities for recreational activities and scenic walks while the town itself boasts quaint shops, cozy cafés and traditional pubs. The practice itself is close to the train station which has good links to Portadown in one direction and Belfast and Bangor in the other while the M1 will get you into Belfast in just over an hour.