Registered Veterinary Nurse
Medivet have an opportunity for a registered veterinary nurse to join the team at our Thorpe St. Andrew clinic.
What will you be doing:
Your average day will include a variety of nursing and surgical duties as well as assisting with nursing clinics. Full support will be provided as you will work closely within our experienced team and our nurses really do get to nurse.
What we are looking for:
You must have a passion for delivering outstanding client and patient care and enjoy working in a supportive working environment. You’ll have a friendly and positive attitude and want to progress and expand your knowledge and skills further.
Strong mentorship and support will be available to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job. You’ll be free to devote all of your time to looking after your clients and patients.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 40 hours per week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends.
– Relocation package of up to £2000
– CPD allowance plus 2 days paid leave.
– RCVS and VDS fees paid.
– Pension Scheme.
– Access to a large amount of in-house CPD, including head nurse training scheme.
– 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
– Ongoing training and fantastic career progression opportunities.
– 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
– Hapibenefits – Exclusive retail, days out and holiday discounts available.
– Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
– Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
For more information about this role please email email@example.com
– Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care.
– Training of junior nurses & supporting students in practice.
– Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions.
– Nurse consultations.
Skills and experience
– Registered with the RCVS.
– Commitment to animal welfare.
– Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures.
– Excellent organisational skills.
Thorpe St. Andrew is a branch partner led practice with a team of three vets supported by a head nurse, student nurse, three patient care assistants and a client care assistant. The clinic has a good surgical and medical caseload, which will enable you to develop your nursing skills fully.