Head Veterinary Nurse
Join our team at Medivet Fulham!
We provide exceptional patient/client care to our local community and we are seeking a Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join us in our journey.
Fulham is made up of three vets including a cert holder in Internal Medicine. We are a very friendly and outgoing team, we encourage a culture of transparency and enjoy learning about how we can improve our practice and patient care.
Our nurses are dedicated to providing the very best care, every day.
In this highly rewarding and fulfilling role, you'll work closely with vets in practice, performing essential nursing duties and ensuring our patients have everything they need.
As an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse, you can even help shape the next generation as a Clinical Coach, using your knowledge and skills to help train and support nurses of the future.
Salary dependent on experience, please get in touch to discuss what you're looking for!
- CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA memberships
- 4-day week with 1:6 full weekends (38.66 hours per week)
- Leading a team and managing your SVNs and PCAs in practice
- Delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care, encouraging a progressive clinical culture
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care
- Nurse consultations
- Ensuring compliance with RCVS scheme
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to by all of your team
- Training of junior nurses and supporting students in practice
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions
Skills and Experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Confident leadership abilities
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communicator with both colleagues and clients
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to use your judgement and make decisions
We are a 1st opinion practice with a 50:50 split of cat and dogs with a majority internal medicine caseload.
We have two consult rooms, theatre and prep, digital and dental x-ray and new ultrasound, separate cat and dog wards, isolation ward, in-house lab: haematology, biochemistry, urinalysis, PLI, BNP, giardia, lungworm, felv/fiv and T4.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Camberwell 24-Hour Hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
We’re based in a fantastic location in Central West London, not far from Fulham Broadway Tube Station.
Our clients are dedicated to their pets and we are lucky enough to work in a practice where we can thoroughly work-up cases.
Our address is 94 Dawes Road Fulham SW6 7EJ
To apply for the Head Registered Veterinary Nurse role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com