Head Registered Veterinary Nurse
The role will involve all aspects of nursing as well as the leading the nursing team. It would suit a confident RVN who is ready to take the next step into a Head Nurse position or who has previous Head Nurse experience. Clinical coaching experience, or at least enthusiasm to become a Clinical Coach, is essential. We are looking for someone who is keen to support and develop our Student Nurses, junior RVNs and Care Assistants and is not afraid to get stuck in with the duties and to lead by example. You’ll have a friendly and positive attitude and want to progress and expand your knowledge and skills further. Strong mentorship and support will be available to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary £32,500 per annum
• CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
• RCVS and VDS fees paid
• 5 weeks paid annual leave plus bank holidays
• Fair share of bank holiday cover with time back in lieu
• Minimal on-call duties to support our dedicated night team • Exclusive company discounts and rewards
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
• Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
• 100% attendance scheme
• ‘Peternity’ leave Please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.
You will provide high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients and direction and leadership to colleagues in practice, to ensure delivery again to agreed performance measures. You will be responsible for assisting your branch partner and lead vet with financial and operational performance of your practice and overall team performance and engagement.
You will need to ensure the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care in your practice always encouraging a progressive clinical culture. You will follow Medivet policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in your practice and adhered to by all your team (I.e. preferred drug policy) Develop and support our PCAs/SVNs/CCAs and Provide them with regular feedback on their performance as well as helping them to identify career opportunities within the business.
Skills and experience
• You must be a registered veterinary nurse with the RCVS and have at least 3 years of clinical experience.
• Previous head nurse experience is desirable but not essential.
• Highly organised individual
• Effective time management
• A motivational leader
• Patient motivated
Medivet Tilehurst boasts many facilities, such as separate cat and dog wards, an in-house laboratory and x-ray facilities. The practice is support by Medivet 24 Hour Wokingham, the hospital in the Wokingham region. The practice is located in a lovely precinct with ample parking, the local train station is half a mile. the practice has easy access to Oxford, Reading and London.