Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Epsom Ashley Rd is a friendly, well-established practice in beautiful Surrey.
We have a long history of providing exceptional patient/client care to our local community and we are seeking an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join us in our journey.
We are a team of 5-vets including our two Branch Partners, Claire and Simon. Our Branch Partners have been with the practice for many years and are looking forward to working closely with you!
We have a range of experience across our team and Claire has a GPCert in Feline Medicine and also does in house echocardiography. Simon has an interest in dentistry and medicine. Alongside our vets, you’ll be working with 3 qualified nurses, 2 SVNs and dedicated support colleagues. We are also both a Training Practice and a VetGDP mentor practice so have high standards throughout.
This role offers a salary package of up to £70,000 per annum, depending on experience and benefits to include:
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- Lead Vet Contribution Scheme!
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
We can provide support with a Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 Visa, if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) upon arrival in the UK.
Relocation package is also available for this role.
- Your day-to-day duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support the team and help develop skills where required
- Support with financial and operational performance of your practice
Skills and experience
- Previous clinical leadership experience
- Confident with all routine surgeries and able to work sole charge if required
- Team player – working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- Great communication skills
- A strong all-rounder or someone with an interest in surgery would complement us well too!
Our practice has everything we need to provide great care, this means we’re able to keep many of our cases in-house. We also have visiting external diagnostic and surgical vets who are always happy to support the team in their development.
Equipment and facilities include two consult rooms, theatre and prep room, extensive in-house laboratory, high quality ultrasound, dental and digital x-ray, Tonopen, fluid warmers, incubator, warm air blankets, fluid pumps, pulse oximetry monitoring and more!
In addition to our Epsom Ashley Rd branch, we have a sister practice just ten-minutes down the road in Leatherhead. This provides us with extra consultation space and allows us to service a wider client base. You will be required to work here from time to time.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Sutton hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
If you’re local, you’ll know how lucky we are to be based in lovely Surrey!
Close enough to London to enjoy all the capital has to offer while also being on the doorstep of The Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty!
Our address: 36 Ashley Road Epsom Surrey KT18 5BH
Epsom Ashley Rd is situated in a fantastic neighbourhood. Our clients are dedicated to their pets and we are lucky enough to work in a practice where we can thoroughly work-up cases. The local schools are excellent and we’re only 30 minutes from London Gatwick Airport, or an hour to London Heathrow. The South Coast and the New Forest are 1 ½ hours away.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, simply click apply and complete the online application form with a current cv.
If your application is successful, one of our recruitment partners will contact you to discuss the next steps.
If you do not have an up-to-date CV or would prefer a casual discussion about the role before applying, please contact James Greenaway-Rowe – James.greenaway-rowe@Medivet.co.uk