A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full time Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly and loyal team in the market town of Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire.
We are looking for an experienced vet with a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, ability to work-up cases to a high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years’ UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience.
Career progression is actively promoted and partnership opportunities are available for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience;
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package if relocating from outside or more than 50 miles from your current UK home address
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum (FTE)
- 5 weeks annual leave (FTE)
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Leadership training
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- Colleague purchase scheme
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS with 2+ years experience in small animal practice.
Skills and experience
You must be a MRCVS
Our Newcastle-under-Lyme practice has a very long-standing and friendly client base who appreciate the personal service we provide. The practice has a fully supportive team that enjoy lots of laughs and are dedicated to their clients and patients. We have a well planned layout including a large reception area, two vet consulting rooms, a nurse consulting room, prep and theatre, digital x-ray and ultrasound, well equipped wards and comprehensive lab facilities.
Newcastle-under-Lyme and the surrounding areas boasts many varied and interesting pursuits including: Waterworld, pottery museums, Trentham monkey forest and gardens, modern shopping venues and beautiful cycling routes along the canals. We are very close to the Peak district which offers outstanding natural beauty and lovely quirky villages to explore. Outdoor activities including paragliding, hiking and cycling abound here.
Please contact Gemma.Butterfield@medivet.co.uk if you require any further information.