We are seeking a friendly, dynamic Veterinary Surgeon to work in our Bamber Bridge practice.
The ideal candidate will have a client-orientated approach and excellent communication skills are a must. This role will be suitable for a new graduate vet wanting to learn and develop or someone more experienced.
This role will be working alongside our other experienced vets.
We offer excellent long term prospects for the right candidate, with advancement in skills and specialism actively encouraged. Experience working in an environment where colleagues support you by sharing skills and knowledge to give our patients the best outcomes.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £60,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 4 day week
- Either 1:3 Saturday’s or 1:6 full weekends, the role could be part time or full time
- No on call
- CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVA membership paid
- 5 weeks annual leave allowance, plus blank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
We can offer relocation allowances should you move more than 40 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
- RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others.
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.