Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
Want to make your mark as a Veterinary Surgeon? Looking for more responsibility and development in your career?
Medivet Headcorn require an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to come and join their practice as a Lead Veterinary Surgeon.
Come and build your own business! This is an exciting challenge for an enterprising Veterinary Surgeon who wants to put their own stamp on a brand new clinic.
You will have access to VVS (Virtual Vet Specialist) which will equip you with specialist knowledge and support. You will also receive support from and will be working alongside Medivet Cranbrook, which is located 15 minutes away.
This ideal candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team. You must be confident sole charge.
This role covers 39 hours a week over 4 days. This shift pattern also including 1:3 Saturdays.
Further career development including certificate study is encouraged and supported and partnership opportunities are available for the right person.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us – we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to help our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
Salary package up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience,
PLUS £5000 sign on bonus!. also to include:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave (FTE)
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE), along with exceptional in-house CPD training
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK
– Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
– Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
– Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds
– Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required
– Prescribe medication
– Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
– Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
– Euthanise patients
– Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
Skills and experience
– Registered with the RCVS
– Qualified MRCVS
– Commitment to animal welfare
– Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
– Excellent organisational skills
We’re a kind and caring team based in Headcorn who are dedicated to delivering exceptional care. Our team is always willing to go the extra mile and is proud to offer an array of excellent services, while more complex procedures will be referred to our larger Cranbrook practice.
Medivet Headcorn provides a range of services, including microchipping, neutering and vaccinations. The practice also has access to a wider range of services provided by the Medivet group, such as dentistry, ECG and endoscopy.
Headcorn Station is a short walk away, which provides direct transport links into central London. This area is also close to the beautiful Kentish countryside.
Our address is The Chalet North Street Headcorn TN27 9NN
For more information contact Nabi – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07961834919