Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Lead Veterinary Surgeon (NO OOH)
We are seeking an experienced, confident, supportive SA vet with a can-do approach to head up our clinical team. If you are keen, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a compassionate manner, you could be just the vet we are looking for!
You must have excellent bedside manner and communication skills and strive to deliver outstanding veterinary care and customer service.
- Proud RCVS accredited SA practice with a strong focus on client service and gold standard patient care.
- Purpose built and pleasant premises in the heart of Rustington, West Sussex, with lots of natural light.
- Long standing, experienced, reputable support team of RVN’s
- Professional, friendly and knowledgeable front of house team
- Focused on clinical excellence?
- Self-motivated, hardworking and reliable?
- Clinically confident and capable with some sole charge?
- Dedicated and willing to go that extra mile to ensure that client satisfaction and clinical services are delivered?
Do you have?
- Some first opinion UK experience with a high standard of written and spoken English?
- A friendly team focused approach
- A desire to bond with clients and build your own client base?
The position involves all aspects of first opinion work. We encourage clinical freedom and responsibility from our vets to work up their own cases from presentation to completion. Case discussions are welcomed and encouraged. We believe quality, not quantity, is what is best for our team and patients.
We are looking for a capable and caring vet with a forward thinking approach to deliver outstanding service to our loyal clients and their pets. A desire to bond with clients and build their own client base is essential.
- No OOH
- Average 35-40hrs a week
- Monday – Friday -2-3 early finishes a week
- Shifts 8.30am-4pm / 8.30am-7pm
- Part-time and flexible hours would be considered
- 1:8 Weekend day shifts (includes branch work)
- 1:2 Saturday mornings
- Shared bank holidays (day shifts and inpatient care) pro rota
- 5 weeks’ annual leave (FTE)
- Excellent remuneration commensurate with experience
- Company Pension Scheme
- Discounted veterinary products and services for own pets
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE), along with exceptional in-house CPD training
- RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Vehicle allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1-day’ Pet’ernity Leave
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Skills and experience
We are ideally looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon, minimum 2 years UK or UK equivalent.
Our facilities & services
- Modern laboratory suite
- Automatic x-rays and developing facilities
- In House Dental Suite
- Well established Pet Health Plan Scheme
- Modern PMS
- Minimum 15 minute consultation appointments
Are you looking for:
- A better work/life balance?
- A reputable first opinionpractice?
- Clinical responsibility and freedom without the micro-management?
- The chance to work up cases to the highest level?
Rustington is an attractive and well equipped seaside town between the Sea and South Downs National Park. It is the perfect location for water-sports, walking, cycling and exploring.
Chichester, Worthing and Brighton are within easy reach, and London is commutable via train.