Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full time Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our Medivet Faygate.
Working alongside experienced vets, you would be fully supported in your role and part of a team committed to providing excellent client and patient care. Our practice has a friendly client base who appreciate the personal service we provide.
Salary and benefits:
Salary up to £75,000 dependent on experience
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- 5weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Leadership training.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
- Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medication.
- Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
- Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
Skills and experience
We are ideally looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon with a surgical bias who is a certificate holder, working towards a certificate or is interested in working towards a certificate. This will be fully supported and funded.
Medivet Faygate is a lovely branch with a strong nursing team and supporting staff. The practice is located a 16-minute drive from Gatwick and is also a short distance from the rail links to London. The successful candidate will be joining a team of 4 vets, hold a variety of certificates and specialities including exotics, internal medicine, cardiology, dentistry, ophthalmology and surgery.
Please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.