Joining our professional, personable team in our Darlington Stanhope Rd hospital, you’ll deliver exceptional care by going beyond consulting to listen and empathising, putting patients and clients first, always.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Our Vets also benefit from an excellent support structure and collaborative approach; with the opportunity to call upon our experienced Vets and certificate holders in the region for advice whenever you need it.
We offer excellent long-term prospects for the right candidate, with advancement in skills and specialism actively encouraged, plus support with certificate funding!
Full time working pattern is 4 weekdays per week and 1 in 6 full weekends.
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
- Relocation package of up to £2000 (Up to £5000 if relocating from outside of the UK)
- CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Leadership training
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- Colleague purchase scheme
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
Skills and experience
You must be a registered Veterinary Surgeon with the RCVS
At Stanhope Park Veterinary Hospital our exceptionally high standards can be seen consistently throughout our 3 practices. The biggest practice is based on Stanhope Road in Darlington and is an RCVS accredited hospital which can accommodate all types of major surgery. We also have a separate Cats and Exotics Clinic just round the corner on Duke Street, which is an extension of our Stanhope Road Hospital, allowing us to treat cats and exotic species in a dedicated stress-free environment! Our Middleton-St-George clinic has been providing clients with consultations and preventative treatments for many years now, and we have recently undertaken major renovation work at this surgery, allowing us to extend our services to include outpatient surgical procedures.
Stanhope Park is situated in the centre of Darlington, adjacent to a beautiful park perfect for a relaxing lunch break.