Lead Veterinary Surgeon
MediVet are a family of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care.
The top priority of our team is your pet’s wellbeing. Our nationwide network of practices includes 27 pioneering 24-hour centres, meaning that we’re open and here to help whenever we’re needed.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work
Our Lead Vets are responsible for directing the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for its success.
This candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
This role covers 40 hours a week, spread across 4 working days per week, providing great work-life balance. The shift pattern includes 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 Full weekends
Salary package up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience, to include:
- 5 weeks' annual leave (FTE)
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE), along with exceptional in-house CPD training
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and Experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Qualified MRCVS
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
Welcome to our Rochester practice where Veterinary Surgeon Hilde Vermeersch leads our kind and caring team. We've been caring for the community's pets since the centre was established in 1967.
We are based in the heart of the Strood Community and treat pets in all of Medway and surrounding areas.
Our address is 29 Stanhope Road Strood Rochester ME2 3EJ
For more information contact Nabi – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07961834919