An exciting opportunity has arisen for a first opinion Veterinary Surgeon to work alongside our experienced team in our busy 24 hour hospital in Alder. The successful candidate will work alongside our first opinion team providing quality care to a high volume of clients and their pets.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy client interaction. Working alongside surgery and medical certificate holders, career development is encouraged and further professional development towards a certificate will be supported.
No sole charge will be required in this role.
This is a full time role working 39 hours, 4 days per week with 1:6 weekends.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £50,000 per annum dependent on experience
- CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVA membership paid
- 5 weeks annual leave allowance, plus blank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
We can offer relocation allowances should you move more than 40 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com for further enquiries.
Alder 24 Hour is our main hospital in the region, taking referrals from Medivet Practices.
The hospital is a seven vet hospital with a dedicated night team. Alder has been newly refurbished to a high standard and equipped with state of the art diagnostic equipment including digital X-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy and a recently installed CT scanner.