As a Veterinary Surgeon you will play a pivotal role in diagnosing, treating and managing various medical conditions in small animal practice. Using a combination of your medical expertise, surgical proficiency, and communication skills to provide exceptional care, ensuring the health and happiness of our patients and clients.
You will be competent in clinical examination, routine surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £65,000 per annum (FTE)
• Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
• Relocation package of up to £2000 (Up to £5000 if relocating from outside of the UK)
• CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
• Funded certificate opportunities
• 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Pension scheme
• Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
• Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
• Colleague purchase scheme
• Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
The role is working 4 days per week plus 1 in 6 weekends.
- Daily duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- Proactively support a culture of putting our pets, clients and colleagues first, and always going the extra mile.
- Manage the consistent delivery of exceptional care in all aspects of the client journey and instil a culture of customer service throughout your practice
Medivet Birstall is a well-established practice and operates as one of our 24-hour centres which is open 365 days a year. The practice is equipped with the latest technology including ECG, in-house laboratory, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dentistry equipment and Ultrasound. The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated team of day and night staff.
Medivet Birstall is situated just off the A6 and is a short distance from the A46, A607, on-site parking is available for staff and customers. You will find us located opposite a parade of shops with places to eat, supermarkets, cafes, banks and more all within walking distance. Airports are easily accessible with East Midlands airport just a 30 minute drive and Birmingham airport can be reached in less than an hour.
If you would like further information about the role or would prefer an informal chat before applying, please contact Nicola on Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org