Join our friendly team at Medivet Canonbury!
We have a long history of providing exceptional patient/client care to our local community and we are seeking an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join us in our journey.
We have a fantastic 4-vet team with a wealth of experience, supported by our wonderful nurses and dedicated client care team. This role would suit a good all-rounder or someone with a surgical bias would work well too!
We can also consider part-time / flexible hours - please get in touch and let us know what hours you need.
Salary package up to £55,000 depending on experience to include:
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Daily duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support the team and help develop skills where required
Skills and Experience
- Confident with routine surgeries and consults
- Team player - working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- Great communication skills to continue building strong relationships with your colleagues and clients
We have a large, welcoming reception space, both separate cat and dog wards and consult rooms, prep and theatre, plus air conditioning for those London heatwaves!
We are equipped with ultrasound, dental x-ray, endoscope and in-house lab. Our clients are dedicated to their pets and we are lucky enough to work in a practice where we can thoroughly work-up cases.
We work as a unit – as one team. In each region there’s a network of practices working together, with a 24-hour hospital at their centre.
We call this our hub-and-spoke model, and it’s unique to us. It allows our vets to get support with cases, refer their patients and share expertise and equipment between practices.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, including CT Imaging and seamless round the clock care via our Kensington 24-Hour Hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
You can take a tour here.
The practice is situated near to Highbury & Islington Station and Essex Road for the Great Northern Line.
Our address is 226-228 Essex Road London Greater London N1 3AP