As a Veterinary Surgeon you will play a pivotal role in diagnosing, treating and managing various medical conditions in small animal practice. Using a combination of your medical expertise, surgical proficiency, and communication skills to provide exceptional care, ensuring the health and happiness of our patients and clients.
You will be competent in clinical examination, routine surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, harnessing our one team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £55,000 per annum (FTE)
• Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK
• Relocation package of up to £2000 (Up to £5000 if relocating from outside of the UK)
• CPD allowance £1500 & 3 days paid CPD leave per annum
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• RCVS, VDS & BVA fees paid
• Funded certificate opportunities
• 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
• Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
• Pension scheme
• Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
• Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
• Colleague purchase scheme
• Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
The role is working full time 4 days per week plus 1 in 4 Saturday mornings, however part time applicants are also welcomed.
- Daily duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- Proactively support a culture of putting our pets, clients and colleagues first, and always going the extra mile.
- Manage the consistent delivery of exceptional care in all aspects of the client journey and instil a culture of customer service throughout your practice
Medivet Melbourn is situated in a lovely village in rural Cambridgeshire. Our thriving local practice holds a strong bond with our loyal and dedicated clients. The long-standing established team consists of four Veterinary Surgeons who are fully supported by a nursing and support team.
Lead Veterinary Surgeon Tom is committed to developing the team and supporting learning in practice and external CPD. Tom is an experienced and enthusiastic mentor and holds a special interest in soft tissue surgery and dermatology.
We have an excellent support structure in place, and we take pride in our collaborative approach; you will have the opportunity to share best practice, discuss clinical cases and ideas within your team as well as keeping in touch with the wider clinical community. This will provide you with continuous opportunities to progress in your profession and develop new skills.
If you would like further information about the role or would prefer an informal chat before applying, please contact Nicola on Nicola.email@example.com