Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Lead Veterinary Surgeon – Girling and Bowditch Vets – Medivet Beaminster
Up to £90,000 DOE
The beautiful purpose built clinic is based in the stunning Dorset countryside village of Beaminster, close to the Jurassic Coast attractions of West Bay and Lyme Regis. Good road links to Dorchester, Exeter, Poole, Bournemouth and beyond.
At Medivet we’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work and our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our teams have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
As the Lead Veterinary Surgeon, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the veterinary team and ensuring the provision of exceptional medical care to our patients. Your leadership skills, clinical expertise, and passion for animal welfare alongside the support we provide through our regional teams and support centre will contribute significantly to the continued success and growth of the practice, your team and yourself.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
- Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medication.
- Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
- Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK.
- Relocation package of up to £2000 (£5000 if relocating from outside of the UK
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Leadership training.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please contact Lisa at email@example.com