Registered Veterinary Nurse
Join our team and work to our new 4-day week, enabling fantastic work-life balance with no impact to your salary!
In addition to better work-life balance, we are truly committed to helping our Medivet community come together to share, connect and collaborate with colleagues who share the same interest!
We’ve recently launched six Clinical Communities which focus on RVNs, Ophthalmology, Medicine, Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging and Exotics! Our committees will meet virtually to share information and best practice as well as have a dedicated WhatsApp group to stay regularly connected.
We also offer various nurse consult training and internal CPD including building your confidence, our Nutritional Ambassador Programme or developing your consulting skills.
We are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team at Medivet Parsons Green in Central London.
As the qualified nurse in clinic, this is a hands-on role working closely with our Branch Partner, Gabi and leading a team of three Veterinary Care Assistants. Gabi has 15 years’ experience, we do a lot of surgery including laparoscopic so would be ideal for a nurse eager to get involved in these procedures!
Salary package dependent on experience – please get in touch to discuss what you’re looking for!
- £2000 London weighting allowance
- £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4-day week with 1:6 full weekends
- Leading a team and managing your SVNs and PCAs in practice
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care
- Nurse consultations
- Ensuring compliance with RCVS scheme
- Training of junior nurses and supporting students in practice
- Running in-house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions
- Support with the recruitment of your team
- Managing the practice social media to promote the clinic
Skills and experience
- RCVS registered
- Previous experience in leadership role
- Confident leadership abilities and clinical coaching experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Approachable with clear communication skills
- Spacious reception area
- Two large consult rooms
- Amazing large prep area and bright theatre with viewing window and equipped for laparoscopic surgery
- All the mod-cons including ultrasound, x-ray and in-house lab
Parsons Green is a fantastic clinic in a lovely part of London! We’re a few minutes walk from Parsons Green Underground (District Line) based just off the main green. We are lucky to have a thriving local community with many lovely cafes and shops for to visit during your lunch breaks.
Our address is 4 Heathman’s Rd, London SW6 4TJ