Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to drive our Faversham practice forward!
The ideal candidate will be confident sole charge, with ideally 3-5 years’ experience (UK or equivalent).
This candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
The practice has access to a variety of equipment and provides a range of services. Your role will be vital in maintaining the high standards that this practice boasts. The team at Faversham are supportive and well experienced.
This role covers 39 hours a week over a 4-day shift pattern, offering an attractive work-life balance.
Medivet also offers outstanding career progression, including post-graduate study. We are growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us – we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to helping our
Salary package up to £72,000 per annum depending on experience, to include:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave (FTE)
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE), along with exceptional in-house CPD training
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
Weekend work on a fair rota basis with time back in leau.
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- Manage the sales performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds
- Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required
- Prescribe medication
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- Euthanise patients
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
Skills and experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Qualified MRCVS
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
Rewards & Benefits
Medivet Faversham has been awarded a Silver Standard Cat-Friendly Clinic Award from the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM). This was in recognition of its efforts to create a cat-friendly practice and to reduce the stress suffered by feline patients during a visit.
We’re a compassionate team based in Faversham who are committed to delivering exceptional care.
Faversham is the oldest market town in Kent, bursting with history and places to visit. Faversham train station and the B2040 are both a short distance from the hospital, making it easy to commute. The market is only a short distance from the practice and has lots of stalls and places to eat on your lunch break.
Branch address : 17-19 Shunters Close Faversham ME13 8GF
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, simply click apply and complete the online application form with a current cv.
If your application is successful, one of our recruitment partners will contact you to discuss the next steps.
If you do not have an up-to-date CV or would prefer a casual discussion about the role before applying, please contact James Greenaway-Rowe – James.greenaway-rowe@Medivet.co.uk