Head Registered Veterinary Nurse
MediVet are a family of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care.
The top priority of our team is your pet’s wellbeing. Our nationwide network of practices includes 27 pioneering 24-hour centres, meaning that we’re open and here to help whenever we’re needed.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work
We are seeking a Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team at Medivet Sheerness in Kent.
Our Head Veterinary Nurses are responsible for supporting the Veterinary Surgeons by guiding a team of Registered Veterinary Nurses and/or Veterinary Care Assistants and delivering exceptional care within the practice.
As an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse, you can even help shape the next generation as a Clinical Coach, using your knowledge and skills to help train and support nurses of the future.
Full time salary package up to £35,000 depending on experience:
- - 40 hours per week with 1:4 weekends
- - £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
- - RCVS and VDS fees paid
- - 5 weeks paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- - Fair share of bank holiday cover with time back in lieu
- - Minimal on-call duties to support our dedicated night team, if required
- - Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- - Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- - Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- - 100% attendance scheme and ‘peternity’ leave
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
We are truly committed to helping our Medivet community achieve their goals!
- Manage the performance of the practice on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
- Ensure all members of the nursing staff are aware of their roles and job description,working to clear objectives set
- Carry out regular performance reviews and update training requirements where necessary
- Support Clinical Coaches with the planning of student tutorials and training where necessary
- Rota management to always provide adequate cover of staff within the practice
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- Maintain patients’ medical records
Skills and Experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
Medivet Sheerness is a well-established first opinion practice. The team at Medivet Sheerness consists of 1 Lead Vet and 3 Patient care assistants. The clinic is close to our main centre in Faversham and we have a pet ambulance to transfer patients. the practice offers a range of services, either in-house or at one of the neighbouring practices.
Sheerness is the second largest town on the Isle of Sheppy in Kent, bursting with history and places to visit. there is a train station with links around kent and to London. Boasts beaches that are popular places for families to visit. the nearby coastline boasts SSSI protection, due to the geology and nature. it is a bird watcher's paradise.
Branch address : 7 Minster Road Minster On Sea Sheerness ME12 3JD
For more information contact Nabi – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07961834919