Due to growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team at Skeldale Veterinary Centre, Medivet Ripon, North Yorkshire.
As qualified MRCVS, you will already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You will be competent in clinical examination and surgery, and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team.
We can offer a great deal of flexibility for the right person, as we know how hugely important your work life balance is. You may want to discuss a weekend rota only or spilt shifts or even consult only. We are open to discussing the hours that suit you.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £55,000 per annum full time equivalent or pro rata for part time hours to include:
- 5 weeks' annual leave (FTE)
- Paid sabbatical after each 5 years of service
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave per annum (FTE)
- In-house CPD available as well as access to our online learning platform (FUSE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 1 year of experience
- Sole charge MRCVS with support staff
- Consult only
Skeldale Veterinary Centre Medivet Ripon is a compact practice which values client relationships and pet bonds at its core. The practice consists of one consult room, a small kennels area, and a small lab area to enable the work up of first opinion cases well. The practice is continuing to successfully grow within Ripon and is very quickly becoming a valued source of veterinary care within the local area.
We work closely with our main 24 Hour hospital in Thirsk, sharing support staff, equipment, and vets to provide comprehensive care for our patients in Ripon. Cases requiring further diagnostics or hospitalisation are referred to our linked larger 24 hour Hospital in Thirsk, an easy 20 minute drive away, where it is possible to either work up cases yourself or work as part of the Thirsk team to provide the best care possible.
Ripon is an unspoilt cathedral city with a thriving market, interesting museums, fun racecourse, and amazing nature all around. A journey 10 miles in any direction will bring you to the surrounding beautiful Dales countryside, where first class visitor attractions including castles, abbeys, and nature are easily accessible.