Assistant Veterinary Surgeon
A fabulous opportunity has arisen for either an Assistant Veterinary Surgeon or Veterinary Surgeon at our well-established team at Medivet Hornsey in Islington, North London.
This practice has an excellent team consisting of Lead Vet who has been a part of the team for over 7 years as well as a long standing Head RVN. The team are a relaxed, friendly bunch, who are not just work colleagues but also enjoy socialising outside of the clinic.
Medivet Hornsey has all the usual kit including in-house blood machines, ultrasound and digital X-ray (both normal and dental). Approximately 65% of the case-load are cats and they are currently have silver ISFM cat friendly status. Here, we are always looking for new ideas and investing in new equipment for the practice.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience.
You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
In return we will provide an excellent career progression and work life balance, fantastic packages (see below) and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. We provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction.
Salary and hours:
- Salary of up to £65,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave and in-house CPD training. VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid
- We work to a 4-day working week - 09:00-19:00 (39hrs) with fair share of bank holidays and minimal on-call duties (approx. 3 weeks of the year)
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
- Additional benefits include: Paid sabbatical after every five years’ service, Company discounts and reward scheme, Access to Employee Assistance Programme, 100% attendance scheme and ‘Peternity’ leave
Medivet Hornsey is a fantastic practice, it would suit someone with a down to earth nature, keen to develop and progress this practice alongside a very experienced Lead Veterinary Surgeon and Head RVN.
We have lovely clients, with a bias towards cats, complete with on-site Cattery! It is also equipped with state of the art technology including Ultrasound, Digital X-ray (including Dental X-ray) and in-house blood machines.
The practice has excellent transport links and is within walking distance of Finsbury Park and Archway stations. And, feeds into our Hendon 24-Hour clinic for all out of hour care and where on-call duties are carried out.
Our address is 496 Hornsey Rd, Finsbury Park, London N19 4EF