Veterinary Care Assistant
Take your first step towards becoming an exceptional veterinary nurse by joining us as a Veterinary Care Assistant.
In this varied and rewarding role, as a Veterinary Care Assistant (VCA) you will provide essential support to the day-to-day running of the practice, learning the core principals of veterinary nursing, developing your knowledge and skills to enable you to progress and apply for formal veterinary nurse training in the future, which is funded by us!
You will share our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you’ll also take the initiative in providing high standards of care, ensuring we live true to our purpose of providing exceptional care, that’s always there.
As a Veterinary Care Assistant, you will be an integral part of the practice team and will perform a variety of duties, such as:
- Working with our veterinary surgeons, qualified nurses, and student nurses to provide exceptional care to our patients. This will include maintaining the kennels, feeding, and walking the patients and of course showing them the love and attention that our very important patients deserve.
- Provide a gold standard service to our clients
- Following cleaning protocols to maintain cleanliness of the clinical environment
- Preparing and maintaining medical equipment
National minimum wage
43 hours a week
Skills and experience
- Minimum qualification requirement of five GCSE subjects at grade A-C (4-9) to include Maths, English Language and Science* (certificates required upon application)
- Confident communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Friendly and personable attitude, with an empathetic approach
- Passionate about the care and welfare of animals
- Full UK driving licence
Please note that the hiring process will be delayed should you not upload your certificates (not statements) at the time of application.
*Alternative qualifications e.g., Veterinary Care Assistant Certificate, Animal Nursing Assistant Award or National Diploma in Animal Care will be accepted when supported with full Level 2 qualifications in Maths and English i.e., Level 2 Functional Skills or GCSE at grade C or above.