Veterinary Care Assistant
As a Veterinary Care Assistant, you will be an integral part of the practice team.
Working with our veterinary surgeons, qualified nurses, and student nurses to provide exceptional care to our patients.
- Provide a gold standard service to our patients and clients
- Following cleaning protocols to maintain cleanliness of the clinical environment
- Preparing and maintaining medical equipment
43 hours a week
- Assisting veterinary surgeons, qualified and student nurses with all aspects of their work.
- Caring for animals, administrating simple medical treatments under instruction and supervision
- Setting up for surgery, x-rays and medical procedures
- Walking, feeding and monitoring animals
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring sterility of the clinical environment
- Client communication
- Taking payments
- Processing of insurance documents
- Reception duties
- Travel between branches as and when required
Your Skills and experience
- Confident communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Friendly and personable attitude, with an empathetic approach
- Passionate about the care and welfare of animals
- Computer Literate
Whilst not essential the following desirable skills will aid your application
- Full UK driving licence
- Five GCSE subjects at grade A-C (4-9) to include Maths, English Language and Science*
- *Alternative qualifications e.g., Veterinary Care Assistant Certificate, Animal Nursing Assistant Award or National Diploma in Animal Care will be accepted when supported with full Level 2 qualifications in Maths and English i.e., Level 2 Functional Skills or GCSE at grade C or above
- Should you wish to be considered for future Student Veterinary Nurse opportunities you will need to be able to provide original copies of the above certification. Your application to the Medivet Student Nurse program is not guaranteed as there are limited spaces and your certification will need to be provided at the point of application after a successful performance review.
With over 450 practices throughout the UK, we are a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating a forward-thinking and innovative place to work.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and who share our vision and values. If this is you, we would love to hear from you!