Head Veterinary Nurse
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated support centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are seeking a Head Veterinary Nurse to join our well-established practice in Stanmore, Middlesex
This role could be suited to an established HRVN with previous experience of leading a team or a confident RVN who is ready to take the next step into a head nurse position, while working in a friendly, supportive environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of nursing duties as well as sharing best practice with your team and helping to support and develop the student nurses in your practice.
As the Head Veterinary nurse of Medivet Stanmore, you will take on a key leadership role in the practice, with responsibility for the day-to-day operations, team development, and overall management alongside providing excellent patient care.
Your main responsibilities will include:
1. To oversee the daily operations of the practice to ensure efficient business and clinical practices, and adherence to RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
2. Recruit, train, and develop our team, including running the appraisals process. Manage inhouse colleague rotas, including overtime.
3. Ensure our practice ethos of being the friendliest practice in the area permeates all that we do and offer. Manage client complaints professionally and ensure clear communication with clients.
4. Oversee client debt control, insurance claims processing, banking, and other finance duties.
5. Be responsible for health & safety within the surgery and maintain correct protocols and documentation.
6. Promote a culture of improvement and professional development for all staff and proactively explore and implement changes based on team or client feedback. Person Specification:
Medivet Stanmore is a thriving and well equipped branch in outer London, with in house digital x-ray and ultrasound, located on a busy high street. The branch is led by one branch partner, alongside an assistant veterinary surgeon and a team of three student veterinary nurses.
Our branch partner holds a certificate in Cardiology and is currently studying towards a certificate in Ophthalmology, of which we often see referrals from near by branches.