Head Veterinary Nurse
Medivet Epsom Fir Tree Road is a friendly, well established practice based in Surrey.
We take pride in providing exceptional patient/client care to our local community and we’re seeking a Head Registered Veterinary Nurse to join us in our journey.
Salary package dependent on experience – please get in touch to discuss what you’re looking for!
- CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA memberships
- 40 hours per week with 1:3 half or 1:4 full weekends with TOIL
- 5-weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
As a Head Veterinary Nurse you will be responsible for a variety of nursing duties as well as sharing best practice with your team and helping to support and develop the student nurses in your practice.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing as well as the day-to-day running of the practice.
This position provides you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas; more responsibilities will form part of this role with full support and we can provide training with nurse consults and clinical coaching to ensure you feel confident in your role!
- – Leading a team and managing your SVNs and PCAs in practice
- – Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care
- – Nurse consultations
- – Ensuring compliance with RCVS scheme
- – Training of junior nurses and supporting students in practice
- – Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions
Skills and experience
- – Registered with the RCVS
- – Confident leadership abilities and clinical coaching experience
- – Excellent organisational skills
- – Strong communicator with both colleagues and clients
- – Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
Medivet Epsom Fir Tree Road provides a range of services, including ECG, Endoscopy, Ultrasound and X-Rays.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Sutton 24-Hour Hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
Our practice is located at 205 Fir Tree Rd, Epsom KT17 3LB
The practice is a 10 minute walk away from Epsom Downs station, which offers direct trains into London Victoria. The are also offers lovely green spaces, such as Nonsuch Park and Epsom Common, which are home to wetlands, ponds and wildlife.
To apply for the Head Registered Veterinary Nurse role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on firstname.lastname@example.org