Client Care Assistant – Veterinary
We are seeking a full time Veterinary Receptionist to join our New Cross practice.
This role will be supporting a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses and Patient Care Assistants, assisting with reception tasks and welcoming all clients and patients into the practice.
The successful candidate will have previous receptionist or customer facing experience, as well as a love for animals, although no prior animal care experience is required. This position will best suit a proactive enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service and exceptional communication skills.
You will be able to multitask, remain calm under pressure and prioritise your work load whilst maintaining a friendly and welcoming disposition.
Hours are: 40 per week including weekends with time back in lieu
The duties of the Veterinary Receptionist include, but are not limited to:
- Prompt and efficient telephone answering and service, dealing with routine client queries, making appointments, taking payments
- Submitting insurance claims, cashing up at end of day and end of week, banking, conversing with clients and staff members, taking and relaying messages,
- Cleaning, stock taking, inputting laboratory results onto client records, maintaining and promoting H&S in the reception area and other parts of the practice as required, sending and responding to emails, etc.
Skills and Experience
- Reception, administration and customer service experience
- Presentable Empathetic - able to deal with upset clients
- Good telephone skills and manner
- Engaging manner with clients and staff
- Good spoken
- English Computer literate
- Animal lover