Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Medivet Yeading is in the enviable position of being very recently refurbished to a lovely high standard. With three consultation rooms and a huge prep room (we often joke about hosting pilates classes!), as well as a huge waiting room, a designated imaging room, separate theatre and staff room, it really is a lovely space to work in.
Our current Lead Vet is very sadly relocating and we are looking for someone to take the reins and continue to build and grow the practice in the community.
The experienced team, consisting of a Head RVN, a CCA and a PCA, are all passionate about delivering an excellent service to our clients whilst making sure that the team is well looked after.
We are fortunate to have a good relationship with other Medivet practices in the area and so support is always available for those tricky cases (medical or surgical), so whilst it is a sole charge position there is still plenty of assistance if needed.
We have a high number of cats in the area and have a high caseload of feline neutering as we also currently participate in the London charity neutering schemes.
It’s a great opportunity to mould a practice into what you want it to be whilst providing a really important and much appreciated service for local pets.
This is a great opportunity to lead and support a small team who work together to provide a high quality level of service to our clients. Within this position you will have a varied caseload with interesting cases.
This is a friendly and fun environment which makes coming to work enjoyable and fulfilling. Our priority is to deliver excellent veterinary medicine whilst providing value for money to pet owners.
The practice boasts two consult rooms and a separate nurse consult room, as well as a newly refurbished theatre with new ultrasound, dental and radiography machines. Our out of hour’s service is provided by our emergency hospital in Richmond, which boasts a full CT suite and more! Medivet also offers outstanding career progression, including post-graduate study and partnership.
This role is full time working 40 hours per week.
Key Benefits include:
- CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days’ CPD leave.
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid.
- Exceptional opportunities for career development, including certificates.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay.
- Relocation allowance should you move more than 50 miles from your current address.
- We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Becoming part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday with maternity and paternity benefits.
- Ability to sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
Exceptional care is at the heart of everything we do at Medivet. That’s the care for our patients, our clients and for each other – we really want to make a positive difference through every interaction we have.
In this role you will:
- Provide first class clinical care through consultations, procedures and monitoring.
- Complete clinical handover and arrange transfer of any patient needing out of hours or enhanced care.
- Provide exceptional client care giving clear updates on patients, resolving issues as they arise.
- Observe the highest standards of regulatory, practice and operational compliance.
- Prepare accurate estimates for clients, ensuring payment and minimising debt.
- Maximise capacity through the most effective utilisation of clinical skills.
- Hold engaging clinical meetings with veterinary and nursing teams.
- Support and carry out colleague clinical mentoring / development.
- Pro-actively support and share clinical best practice within and across clinics and the wider Medivet community.
Your Skills and Experience
RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon, or with the eligibility to be registered.
Minimum of one year of small animal practice experience.
- A client-oriented approach, with excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working to the highest medical and surgical standards.
- Experience of working with a team to develop a practice.
- Competent in clinical examination and surgery.
- Confident working sole charge.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with colleagues, and working effectively as part of a team.
- A great communicator, you will be an outstanding and positive example to others
Medivet is a leading veterinary care provider, operating in the UK, Germany, Spain and France with more than 500 branches and 27 24-hour veterinary centres.
We’re proud to support a large, connected and growing community of colleagues who provide exceptional care, always there. That’s more than a strapline for us, we truly believe every interaction we have matters and that we can make a real difference.
We’re continuing our mission to deliver exceptional care, always there by creating great experiences for our patients, clients, and colleagues through a forward-thinking and caring environment where we make every experience better by using the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We love working with talented, like-minded people who want to stand out in their field and whose compassion for animals always goes way beyond their job. We have exciting plans for the future so come and join us on our journey.