Lead Veterinary Surgeon
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and experienced vet to lead our friendly team at our Prescot clinic in our Liverpool Region.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to “take ownership” and really make this practice their own and drive this practice to make it the heart of the community.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
You will be confident working sole charge with the ability to make sound clinical judgement, however you will have the support of 15 other practices in the region including a 24hr hospital. In return we will provide an excellent career progression and work life balance, fantastic packages (see below) and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. We provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction. You will have the chance to make this practice the true heart of the community, not just in location but also in spirit!
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to £74,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Lead Vet Contribution Scheme – up to 20% on top of salary
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave and in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid
- 4 day working week
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
We can offer relocation allowances should you move more than 40 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Have you thought in the past about setting up your own practice but don’t know where to start?
We have an amazing opportunity at Medivet Prescot for a Branch Partner to join the Medivet community, you will be empowered to run your own business with complete clinical freedom in partnership with Medivet. You will have full support of our Regional teams and Support Centre function along with the well established team in the practice.
As well as your day to day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will play a key role in leading and managing the team. You will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice client base, ensuring high standards of care are always delivered.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication skills, mediation experience, and the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Becoming part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday with maternity and paternity benefits.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
Medivet Prescot is a Lovely practice which is ready for someone to progress forward even further. They have lovely clients, lots of scope and potential to continue being a successful/thriving practice.