Ashtead is a friendly, well-established practice in lovely Surrey!
This role offers flexibility of hours and we can consider full or part time. Please get in touch to discuss what hours work for you!
Our practice has a long history of providing exceptional patient/client care to our local community and we are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join us in our journey.
Our team culture is friendly and supportive. Jay, our Lead Vet is hands-on and motivated, with interests in Medicine and Oncology. Our Head Nurse, Sarah, has been with the practice for many years, she is an experienced RVN and has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to our practice and clients!
In addition, we are supported by our Student Nurse and dedicated Receptionist. We also have a second RVN who is doing a secondment in our hospital.
This role offers a full-time salary package of up to £50,000 per annum, depending on experience and benefits to include:
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
We can provide support with a Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 Visa, if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) upon arrival in the UK.
Relocation package is also available for this role.
- – Daily duties will include consults, routine surgeries, dentals and x-rays etc.
- – Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- – Demonstrating strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- – Support the team and help develop skills where required
Skills and experience
- – A minimum of 2-years’ experience in small animal practice
- – Confident with routine surgeries and consults
- – Team player – working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- – Great communication skills
- – A good all-rounder or someone with an interest in surgery would complement our team too!
Our reception area and consults rooms have recently been refurbished and we have everything we need to provide great care, equipped with digital and dental x-ray, full in-house lab including microscope and equipment for ortho work.
Our clients are dedicated to their pets and we are lucky enough to work in a practice where we can thoroughly work-up cases.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Sutton 24-Hour Hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
Close enough to London to enjoy all the capital has to offer while also being on the doorstep of The Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty!
We are situated in a parade of shops and cafes, just 5-minutes’ walk away from Ashtead Station, with direct trains into London Waterloo and Victoria Stations. We’re only 30 minutes from London Gatwick Airport, or an hour to London Heathrow.
Our address is 12 Craddocks Parade Ashtead KT21 1QL
To apply for the Veterinary Surgeon role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com