Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Location: West Bridgeford, Nottinghamshire
Salary:c£70,000 per annum depending upon experience plus OTE
Hours: Full-time, Part-time, Flexible
Medivet have an opportunity for a lead vet to join the team as our newly refurbished practice in West Bridgford.
Our Lead Vets are responsible for directing the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for it’s success. Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available, you can own part of the clinic and have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
- Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medication.
- Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
- Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
- Lead vet contribution scheme.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Leadership training.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please email email@example.com
– Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
– Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
– Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
– Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
– Prescribe medication.
– Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
– Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
– Maintain patients medical records.
– Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
– Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
– Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
Skills and experience
– Proficiency in performing a variety of surgical procedures, ranging from routine to more complex procedures.
– Experience diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in small animals.
– Experience in providing emergency veterinary care and managing critical cases.
– Familiarity with veterinary software, diagnostic tools and medical equipment commonly used in practice.
– Effective communication ability, enabling positive interaction with clients, team members, and other stakeholders alongside the ability to explain medical procedures, treatment plans in a clear and empathetic manner.
– Proficiency in managing a caseload, prioritizing tasks, and effectively managing time.
– Ability to collaborate with other veterinary professionals, support staff, and specialists to provide comprehensive care for animals.
– Working alongside our support teams on the business side of veterinary practice, including budgeting, resource allocation, client acquisition and recruitment.
– Willingness to stay updated with the latest advancements in veterinary medicine through continuing education, workshops, and conferences via our package of CPD allowance and days off.
– A strong sense of empathy and compassion towards animals and their owners, along with the ability to provide emotional support in difficult situations.
– Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to handle complex cases and unexpected medical situations alongside the team in practice.
– Ability to build strong relationships with clients, colleagues in practice and regional support teams.
– Ability to manage conflict within the team alongside our people team or with clients in practice in a professional and constructive manner.
West Bridgford is modern and well-equipped practice that has been designed to a high standard with separate dog and cat wards, staff area and three consult rooms. Set 10-15 minutes drive from Nottingham city centre and East Midlands airport within easy commute