Medivet have an opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join the team at our practice in Rocester.
As a Veterinary Surgeon you will play a pivotal role in diagnosing, treating and managing various medical conditions in companion animals. Using a combination of your medical expertise, surgical proficiency, and communication skills to provide exceptional care, ensuring the health and happiness of our patients and clients.
Our veterinary surgeons are at the front line of delivering exceptional care and play an integral part of each one of our sites, from routine health checks to advanced surgeries you’ll work directly with patients and clients to offer care that’s bespoke to them and provide essential support to lead vets or branch partners in delivering exceptional care.
At Medivet we’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work and our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our teams have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 39 hours per week over four days with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends but we’re open to being flexible where we can so let us know what works for you.
Salary of up to £64,000 PA
– Relocation package of up to £2000.
– £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
– 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
– Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
– Funded certificate opportunities.
– 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
– Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
– Leadership training.
– Pension scheme.
– Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
– Annual pay reviews.
– Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
– Colleague purchase scheme.
– Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and meals out.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please email email@example.com
– Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
– Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
– Collaborate with the team with the to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
– Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
– Prescribe medication.
– Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
– Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
– Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
– Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
– Maintain patients medical records.
Skills and experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
– Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK.
– Understanding of relevant veterinary laws, regulations, and RCVS guidelines.
– Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
– Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
– Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
– Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
– Knowledge of animal behaviour and communication.
– Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analyzers.
– Effective communication with colleagues and ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
– Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
– Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases and provide critical care to animals.
– Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
Abbeyfields veterinary centre is a charming and well-equipped practice with lots of character and a cosy staff break area. Practice facilities include dental x-ray, digital x-ray, ultrasound, lab equipment, prep area and equipped theatre.
The village of Rocester is characterised by quaint cobbled streets with it’s history dating back to the Romans. It boasts a selection of charming shops, cafes and eateries and it’s proximity to both the countryside and larger towns means it offers the best of both rural and urban living. Surrounded by the beautiful Staffordshire countryside the opportunities for sports and outdoor activities are abundant and for adrenaline junkies Alton Towers is a stones throw away.