Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Lead Veterinary Surgeon –
Location: South Wooton, Norfolk
Salary: Up to £80,000 per annum DOE (up to £96,800 OTE)
Hours: Full-time, Part-time, Flexible
Medivet have an opportunity for a lead vet to join the team at our practice in South Wooton.
Priory Court Veterinary Clinic is a well-placed and good-sized practice with a dedicated team, good clinical standards and an established client base. A rebrand is in the pipeline and the practice is already well-equipped so this would be a great opportunity for any vet looking to take the next step in their career whilst not having to build a practice up from scratch.
South Wooton is an idyllic English village that offers a tranquil retreat while also providing easy access to modern amenities such as charming village shops, welcoming pubs, and community spaces. Access to the A148 gives great access to nearby Kings Lynn and is a key route into the beautiful Norfolk countryside. Access to Kings Lynn railway links allows access to Cambridge, Ely, and London.
At Medivet we’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work and our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our teams have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
As the Lead Veterinary Surgeon, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the veterinary team and ensuring the provision of exceptional medical care to our patients. Your leadership skills, clinical expertise, and passion for animal welfare alongside the support we provide through our regional teams and support centre will contribute significantly to the continued success and growth of the practice, your team and yourself.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
- Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medication.
- Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
- Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Leadership training.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and meals out.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please contact Maxine at Maxine.email@example.com