Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Medivet have an opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join the team at our practice in Long Sutton as a lead veterinary surgeon.
You will play a pivotal role in overseeing the veterinary team and ensuring the provision of exceptional medical care to our patients. Your leadership skills, clinical expertise, and passion for animal welfare alongside the support we provide through our regional teams and support centre will contribute significantly to the continued success and growth of the practice, your team and yourself.
Our lead vets are responsible for directing the practice and it’s staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for it’s success. Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available, you can own part of the clinic and have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
Salary of up to £80,000 DOE (OTE; £96,000)
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship for candidates outside of the UK.
- Relocation package of up to £2000 (£5000 if relocating from outside of the UK
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Leadership training.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Hapibenefits – A range of discounts on shopping, entertainment and meals out.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
- Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medication.
- Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
- Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in performing a variety of surgical procedures, ranging from routine to more complex procedures.
- Experience diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in small animals.
- Experience in providing emergency veterinary care and managing critical cases.
- Familiarity with veterinary software, diagnostic tools and medical equipment commonly used in practice.
- Effective communication ability, enabling positive interaction with clients, team members, and other stakeholders alongside the ability to explain medical procedures, treatment plans in a clear and empathetic manner.
- Proficiency in managing a caseload, prioritizing tasks, and effectively managing time.
- Ability to collaborate with other veterinary professionals, support staff, and specialists to provide comprehensive care for animals.
- Working alongside our support teams on the business side of veterinary practice, including budgeting, resource allocation, client acquisition and recruitment.
- Willingness to stay updated with the latest advancements in veterinary medicine through continuing education, workshops, and conferences via our package of CPD allowance and days off.
- A strong sense of empathy and compassion towards animals and their owners, along with the ability to provide emotional support in difficult situations.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to handle complex cases and unexpected medical situations alongside the team in practice.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, colleagues in practice and regional support teams.
- Ability to manage conflict within the team alongside our people team or with clients in practice in a professional and constructive manner.
Medivet Long Sutton is a well-equipped, small town practice with an established support team and loyal client base, positioning it to be a great opportunity for a veterinary surgeon looking to take the next step in their career whilst also making on target earnings extremely realistic.
Long Sutton is a quintessential English market town, named one of the best kept towns in Lincolnshire it boasts a traditional market square where a regular market still thrives. Surrounded by the beautiful Lincolnshire countryside provides a serene backdrop that encourages leisurely strolls and the nearby river nene offers opportunities for boating, fishing, and serene riverside picnics. The nearby A17 provides links to both King Lynn and Holbeach while rail links from Kings Lynn and Spalding connect Long Sutton to Cambridge, Peterborough and London.