Veterinary Surgeon – Matlock, Derbyshire
Matlock have an opportunity for a small animal veterinary surgeon to join the team.
Matlock Medivet is a busy, well-equipped and well-maintained practice who see a varied small animal caseload with an established team lead by a lead vet who is looking to grow the team to enable us to provide more consults and surgery to our clients.
The county town of Derbyshire, Matlock is a charming blend of quaint cottages, elegant Georgian buildings and Victorian structures that show it’s rich history. Matlock is renowned for it’s therapeutic thermal springs with the historic spa town of Matlock bath located a short distance away and is a gateway to the peak district national park’s stunning hiking trails and breathtaking views. The A6 runs through the heart of the town providing links to Derby in the South and Bakewell in the North while the railway station, part of the Derwent Valley line, connects the town to Derby.
At Medivet we’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work and our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our teams have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
As a Veterinary Surgeon you will play a pivotal role in diagnosing, treating and managing various medical conditions in companion animals. Using a combination of your medical expertise, surgical proficiency, and communication skills to provide exceptional care, ensuring the health and happiness of our patients and clients.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Collaborate with the team with the to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilise diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Leadership training.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and meals out.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please contact Maxine at Maxine.firstname.lastname@example.org or Dan at Daniel.email@example.com