Head Veterinary Nurse
Medivet Dulwich is a friendly, well-established practice in South London.
We have a long history of providing exceptional patient/client care to our local community and we are seeking an experienced Head Veterinary Nurse to join us in our journey.
We are a close-knitted team who value open communication and a supportive environment. We often enjoy social time away from the practice too!
The team is led by Inga, our Branch Partner. Inga has nine years’ experience and a certificate in Small Animal Surgery. We are supported by an experienced nursing/support team made up of our HRVN (that’s you) two Student Nurses and dedicated Receptionist.
Our nurses are dedicated to providing the very best care, every day.
In this highly rewarding and fulfilling role, you’ll work closely with vets in practice, performing essential nursing duties and ensuring our patients have everything they need.
As an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse, you can even help shape the next generation as a Clinical Coach, using your knowledge and skills to help train and support nurses of the future.
Circa £32,500 per year
- £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA memberships
- 5-day week with 1:5 weekends at Beckenham 24-Hour with TOIL
- Leading a team and managing your SVNs and PCAs in practice
- Nursing/discharge of in-patients, prioritising patient welfare and care
- Nurse consultations
- Training of junior nurses and supporting students in practice
- Running in house lab samples and organising repeat prescriptions
Skills and experience
- Registered with the RCVS
- Confident leadership abilities
- Commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communicator with both colleagues and clients
- Patience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to use your judgement and make decisions
Our practice has everything we need to provide great care. Equipment and facilities include new digital x-ray machine, ultrasound, haematology and biochemistry machine, centrifuge, microscope.
We see a varied caseload of around 70% cats and 30% dog patients, around 20-30 consults a day and 1-3 ops. We have ample time for any administrative tasks and our lunch breaks!
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Beckenham hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
Our practice is situated in an affluent area and we’re lucky enough to work in a practice where we can thoroughly work-up cases.
Our address is 509-511 Lordship Lane Dulwich SE22 8JY
To apply for the Head Veterinary Nurse role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com