Medivet Camberwell 24 Hour is a modern, purpose built hospital in South London.
Equipped with digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, bronchoscope and endoscope, blood pressure machine, ECG, full lab including microscope, haematology and biochemistry analyser, bone kit as well as full ex-lap kit including suction and diathermy and lap spay equipment and CT imaging.
We have a fantastic day/night hospital team made up of nine vets including certificate holder in internal medicine, three qualified nurses and dedicated support from our PCAs, SVNs and Receptionists.
We also have a wide network of colleagues who you can call upon for advice, guidance and support.
This role could be suited to a good all-rounder with a surgical bias, or an experienced surgical vet, responsible for managing the hospitals varied orthopaedic caseload including fractures, TPLOs and complex soft tissue surgeries.
We work to a 4-day week with 1:3 half and 1:6 full weekends, fair share bank holiday rota and some on-call (if required) to support our dedicated night team.
Full time salary package up to £80,000 per annum including;
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Surgical certificate or qualified by experience
- Willingness to mentor keen surgeons within the practice
- Commitment to evidence-based clinical practice
- Clear and empathic client communication skills
- Extensive experience in small animal surgery including ability to perform TPLO/TTAs or equivalent, spinals, fracture repair and complex soft tissue (e.g. perineal urethrostomy, TECA, BOAS, thoracotomy
Medivet Camberwell is the 24-Hour centre in the region, we have access to advanced diagnostics and seamless round the clock care managed by our dedicated night team.
Our clients are dedicated to their pets and we are lucky enough to work in a practice where we can thoroughly work-up cases. In this role, you’ll also see internal patient transfers from our surrounding Medivet branches.
The practice address:7 Kenbury Street Camberwell London SE5 9BS
To apply for the Surgical Veterinary Surgeon role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on email@example.com