Morden is a friendly, well-established practice situated in South London.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced surgical vet eager to take on majority surgical cases. We have a very well-equipped theatre, ready for any soft tissue and minor orthopaedic procedures.
This role will work alongside our Lead Vet, Sarah. Sarah is a medic with over 30 years’ experience. We have a fantastic support team including RVN, two Patient Care Assistants and dedicated Client Care Assistant.
We take pride in creating a friendly and welcoming practice for our clients and patients.
This role offers a salary package of up to £62,000 per annum, depending on experience and benefits to include:
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3-days CPD leave
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- 4-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
We can provide support with a Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 Visa, if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a Veterinary Surgeon with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) upon arrival in the UK.
Relocation package is also available for this role.
- Majority surgery cases with some consults
- Providing a high standard of clinical care to your clients and patients, ensuring compliance and encouraging a progressive clinical culture across the team
- Demonstrating a strong customer focus, managing the consistent delivery of exceptional care across the client journey
- Support the team and help develop skills where required
Skills and experience
- Experienced surgical vet and able to work sole charge if required
- Team player – working collaboratively in practice and with wider colleagues
- Great communication skills
The practice is very spacious. We have a large reception area with sectioned off VIP lounge for cats and includes cat towers and Feliway blankets to help our feline patients feel calm and stress free during their visit.
We have 4 consults including designated bereavement room. Separate cat and dog wards plus walk-in kennels for larger dogs, surgical theatre and ops room, 2 prep rooms and dedicated ultrasound and x-ray room.
Our client base is primarily small-to-medium sized dogs however we also see a lot of cats!
Many of our clients have been with us for years, they are dedicated to their pets and we are lucky enough to work in a practice where we can thoroughly work-up cases.
Through Medivet’s collaborative approach, we have access to advanced diagnostics, seamless round the clock care via our Sutton hospital, and the input of certificate holders and wider colleagues, which allows us great follow through on our cases when things go beyond first opinion level.
We are located in South London, just a 10-minute walk from Morden Underground for the Northern Line. There are several fantastic parks nearby including Morden Park, Richmond Park and even a National Trust Park!
Our address is 101-103 Central Road Morden SM4 5SQ
To apply for the Veterinary Surgeon role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on firstname.lastname@example.org