Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We’re a community of veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work. We’ve established a network of over 400 practises and 12 cutting-edge 24-hour centres, all of which are home to a family of professionals that deliver excellent care.
You won’t simply be a part of the team here; you’ll be a part of our global family. We’ve established a network of over 400 practises and 12 cutting-edge 24-hour centres, all of which are home to a family of professionals that deliver excellent care. You will not only assist in the delivery of care, but you will also provide great care to your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all with the help of your co-workers and some of the industry’s greatest training and development.
Join us where we’re building better every day.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Medivet Petts wood.
This role has fantastic potential with certificate funding if desired and the opportunity to influence clinical direction!
Full time salary package up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Certificate funding
- Fair share of BH / on-call rota to support our dedicated night team, if required
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays.
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
Pension, group life assurance, group income protection, family-friendly leave
Health and wellbeing
Employee Assistance Programme with counselling and support for you and your immediate family, 25 days holiday (if standard for all roles), cycle to work scheme.
Other benefits include
“Hapi” benefits shopping platform, Paternity leave, colleague discount.
This is a clinical leadership position within your Medivet Practice.
- Provide high standards of clinical care to your clients and patients and direction and leadership to colleagues in practice, to ensure delivery against agreed performance measures
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care standards in your practice, always encouraging a progressive clinical culture
- Follow Medivet policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in your practice and adhered to by all your team (e.g. Medivet preferred drug policy)
- Work with your Regional Operations Director, practice and wider colleagues to deliver exceptional care whilst driving your practice forward.
The practice is set in a fantastic location in leafy Petts Wood, South East London.
We’re a two-minute walk from Petts Wood station, it’s well connected and you can enjoy all that the capital has to offer in just 25 minutes!
Discover a wide range of services as well as truly exceptional patient and client care. When you visit, our friendly and experienced team will be happy to welcome you.
What happens next
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, simply click apply and complete the online application form with a current cv.
If your application is successful, one of our recruitment partners will contact you to discuss the next steps.
If you do not have an up-to-date CV or would prefer a casual discussion about the role before applying, please contact James Greenaway-Rowe – James.greenaway-rowe@Medivet.co.uk