Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Lead Veterinary Surgeon – Horsford, Norfolk
Up to £80,000 DOE (up to £96,800 OTE)
Medivet have an opportunity for a lead vet to join the team at our practice in Horsford.
Medivet Horsford is a spacious, well equipped practice that until very recently was a 24-hour centre for the region so alongside of the usual the team have access to specialist equipment that enables them to provide a high standard of care to all patients across a wide range of procedures. They also see a mix of small animal and exotics in around a 70-30 split so the caseload is varied making this a great opportunity for any vet looking to run a practice and expand their skillset or an experience vet with an exotics interest.
Situated six miles north of Norwich Horsford provides a great balance of country living with great access to everything a city provides. The village is known for it’s sense of community and connection to it’s rural roots with quaint cottages and tree lined streets creating an inviting and peaceful atmosphere. It also provides everything needed for daily living with shops, café’s and essential services dotting the village. Well connected via road with the A140 and A1270 connecting the village to Norwich and Cromer or Ipswich respectively isolation is not an issue. Though Horsford doesn’t have it’s own station proximity to Norwich allows for rail travel across the country.
At Medivet we’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work and our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our teams have the very best equipment and treatment options available.
As the Lead Veterinary Surgeon, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the veterinary team and ensuring the provision of exceptional medical care to our patients. Your leadership skills, clinical expertise, and passion for animal welfare alongside the support we provide through our regional teams and support centre will contribute significantly to the continued success and growth of the practice, your team and yourself.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the veterinary team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all patients and clients.
- Conduct thorough examinations and diagnose medical conditions, formulating effective treatment plans.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medication.
- Offer expert advice to pet owners, addressing their concerns and discussing treatment options.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain patients medical records.
- Uphold compliance with all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in recruiting and training new veterinary staff with the support of the relevant support centre teams.
- Manage the performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice with support from regional teams.
- Lead vet contribution scheme – make up to an extra 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Leadership training.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years’ service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment and meals out.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your career by joining the growing Medivet community, for more information on this role please contact Maxine at Maxine.email@example.com or Dan at Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org