Head Veterinary Nurse
We are a friendly team who pride ourselves on having a relaxed and fun working environment. Majority of us have been working together for a long time and everyone is respectful and supportive.
The team is led by Maria, our Lead Vet. Maria is an Advanced Practitioner in Soft Tissue Surgery, GpCert holder in Cardiology, Vet GDP Advisor and also has a keen interest in Dentistry.
Our caseload is varied, and we have the potential to become much busier practice. We’re able see most cases in-house, performing basic ortho and we always have a few heart scans too.
We have time to thoroughly work up cases as well as take our lunch breaks and do all the other bits and pieces to support the smooth running of our clinic.
An exciting Head Nurse opportunity has arisen within our amazing practice in Streatham, South London.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional clinical quality/care and managing our wonderful nursing and front of house team.
This role offers a minimum salary package of up to £32,500 per annum to include:
- Salary £32,500 per annum
- £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA memberships
- 5-weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to be involved in QI Committee
- 40 hours per week including weekend shifts with TOIL
- Opportunity for certificate support if desired
- Assist with financial/operational performance of the practice as well as the overall team performance and – engagement
- Ensure Medivet policies & procedures are implemented and adhered to by all of your team
- Work closely with the Lead Vet as well as our wider teams to ensure the general smooth running of your practice, from Practice Standards to Health & Safety
- Ensure things such as debt is managed and controlled, and any complaints are dealt with appropriately
- Develop and support your direct reports, holding one to ones and providing regular feedback on their performance, as well as taking action to create a positive environment that results in stable retention for your branch
- Supporting with recruitment when required
Skills and experience
- RCVS registered Veterinary Nurse
- Enthusiastic and eager to make a difference
- Enjoys being organised and puts this into practice!
- Strong communication skills to support with our popular free nurse clinics
- Leads by example – previous HVN experience is desirable but not essential
- 2-vet practice
- Supported by Practice Coordinator and 3 experienced VCAs
- Spacious prep room and nice ops theatre
- 2 consult rooms – our diary set-up would allow for nursing clinics too
- Dedicated x-ray/scan room
- Large reception area with separate cat/dog waiting areas
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Facilities include a new MyLab5 ultrasound machine, digital and dental x-ray, multiparameter monitor, endoscope, nice microscope, Vetscan biochemistry, ECG and Tonopen
- Feeds into Medivet Sutton for all out-of-hour care, managed by our dedicated night team
- We are lucky to work in a practice where we can work up cases thoroughly and provide the best care to our patients and clients
Our address is 130 Streatham Vale London SW16 5TB.
To apply for the Veterinary Nurse role, click the apply now button.
If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer an informal chat about the role before applying, please contact Georgia on firstname.lastname@example.org